Mangkuluhur City, Jakarta
A co-ordinated design vision for an apartment, hotel and office tower complex in Jakarta.
SFA's response to the site was developed by subdividing it into a series of structural components, in order to explore possibilities for:
- pedestrian connections - legible, safe and comfortable routes for pedestrians, with people taking priority over cars.
- vehicular movement - coherent, clear circulation for vehicles, with specific measures for traffic calming wherever we want to reduce speeds
- greening the site - maximise opportunities to add greenery and form, while responding to the constraints of underground parking, patterns of circulation and shade
- central area - the main focus of the site and largest area of opportunity for landscape.
- entrance area and boundaries - the first impression of the site; needs to make maximum impact.